Repacking



April 26, 2007 -- It's gotten very warm here and last night I turned on the A/C for the first time this year. I think it was close to 90 degrees yesterday and will get close to that again today. What else can one do when it's this warm? Get in our pool, of course. Come join me.


Do we take this? Do we pack that? In which suitcase shall we put our candy we wish to take along -- some Hershey's candy since it was made in America? You're not going to take THAT? Now what's wrong with the suitcase? No, I haven't called the pool guy yet. No, I'm not going to call Elly now. She's sleeping! It seems today we are both walking a fine line of controlled stress. However, we are close to being fully packed and things are moving along.
I'm still bagging debris (vines, brush, weeds) and you can see the mark on the fence where the vines have been cut down. I'd love to post another picture of the vines just to show you how lovely it looked before but I'm having trouble downsizing photos I took prior to when Joyce came down here and helped me set up my camera so I can take already-downsized photos. I'm still practicing and playing around with things I can do with this blog.
John just broke up our stressful day. Both of us have such dry lips today and have been drinking lots of water. He just asked me where I put the chopstick. That's chapstick, John. You see, John has this way of coming up with his own English language sometimes. Remember when he asked me if I had my handcuffs -- he meant gloves? Watermelons became waterlemons. We had a good laugh and repacking has just taken a turn for the better.
I'll try to get back here before we leave next Tuesday.






3 comments:

Joyce and Wiley said...

John - my lips have been very chapped, too. May I borrow your chopstick?

Carol said...

April 30, 2007. Okay, Julia, this is the second comment. Apparently, the first one didn't take. I had to create an account with Google in order to use your blog. You may want to warn your correspondents about that. This is in addition to a password. What thinkest thou? Carol

Joyce and Wiley said...

Carol - You can always post as "Anonymous" and then sign your name, or you can choose "Other" and sign in with an existing email account.

- Joyce